Meaningful parent involvement is a critical dimension of effective schooling and improves student achievement. Research has shown that active and consistent parent involvement leads to student success.
Parents as Partners
The school values the role of parents as their child’s first teacher and welcomes their active involvement in their child’s education. The school believes in:
- Parents as partners and in encouraging parents to take an active and meaningful role to ensure the success of the school.
- Parents being meaningfully and actively engaged in their child’s education and responsible for supporting their child’s learning at home.
- Helping parents understand what it will take to prepare their child for college.
- Encouraging parents to support the goals of the school through their voice and through volunteering 40 hours per year (a failure of a parent to meet volunteer hours or to participate in the Charter School’s programs has no effect on a student’s enrollment, grades, credits or ability to graduate).
- Encouraging parents to attend at least 4 Parent Education Academy Sessions each year.
- The value of parent input and asks parents to complete an annual parent satisfaction survey.
If you would like to learn more about our Parent Engagement Program, please contact our Parent Engagement Specialist, Carlota Silvas, at (213) 220-0451 or [email protected]